Prototyping Facility at College of Engineering, University of Miami
The latest in computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines, capable of 5-axis milling and turning. The University of Miami College Of Engineering is pleased to announce the establishment of a professionally staffed, state-of-the-art Prototyping Facility, available for use both within UM and with outside customers. See our gallery.
The 3000 square feet, air-conditioned facility is equipped to handle the most complex prototyping task (large or small). The facility offers:
- the latest in computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines, capable of 5-axis milling and turning;
- Master Cam and Solid Works software, G-codes and conversational programming;
- a complete rapid prototyping cube for very small prototyping;
- modern wood working and sheet metal equipment;
- a complete welding department including the latest in MIG, TIG, and Gas welders;
- a vast array of manually operated manufacturing equipment.
With its certified professionals and experienced machinists, the Prototyping Facility is ready to:
- educate students through hands-on projects;
- facilitate faculty wishing to culminate their research efforts with functioning prototypes; and
- collaborate with enterprises and entrepreneurs to transform their ideas and concepts into physical realities.
|EXTENDED HOURLY RATES FOR RAPID PROTOTYPING|
|No Design||With Design|
|Internal Rate 25% or less||$49||$69|
CNC Machine Inventory
- Haas ST-20Y CNC (Computer-Numerical-Control) Turning Center (Lathe)
- Haas VF-1 CNC (Computer-Numerical-Control) Vertical Machining Center (Mill)
Manually Operated Machine Inventory
Student requirements for Maker Space access and equipment use and training, please refer to the following:
Let the College of Engineering’s Prototyping Facility be your one stop for the realization of your prototype. For further information, please contact Mr. Troy R. Thompson or 305-284-4115.