College of Engineering Instructions for Training in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
There are two parts to the training in the Responsible Conduct of Research. Training is valid for 4 years. Those who are required to receive RCR training must do so at least once every 4 years.
The first part is an on-line CITI course
Who Needs to Complete the On-line CITI Course:
- 1. All CoE Faculty
- 2. All CoE Post-Doctoral Associates
- 3. All CoE PhD Students
- 4. Masters Students and Undergraduate Students who receive compensation from a research grant or who are contributing intellectually to their voluntary or academic participation on research grants
- 5. All trainees on grants
How to Enroll in the the On-line CITI Course:
Register through CITI website and then following the appropriate links:
- Register in CITI if you have not already registered
- Click “Add a course or update your learner groups”
- Mark the appropriate boxes including, “Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)”
- Mark the appropriate boxes including “Engineering”
- Start the on-line training program by progressing through the various modules
In addition to completing the CITI course, all graduate students (all PhD students and only MS conducting research) are to complete additional RCR training available through the Graduate School. This training is available through student "To Do" list in Canelink.
In order to renew PhD financial offer letters, please provide proof of attendance to Department Administrative Manager (Angie Del-Llano for BME, Glenneka Johnson for CAE, Michelle Gomez for IE, Ivelisse Reyes Tovar for ECE, and Marisol Pernas for MAE).
Additional information about the University’s RCR program is available through the University’s RCR website. Information is also available through:
- The office manager for your home Department will provide guidance for meeting the RCR requirement
- Dr. Helena Solo-Gabriele is also available if additional help is needed.