Francisco J. De Caso y BasaloSML Principal Scientist Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Department
Dr. De Caso's civil and structural engineering research is focused on resilient materials and systems, encompassing a broad spectrum of challenges related to mechanical behavior, durability, design and technology transfer.
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (2010)
- University of Bath, England, MEng in Civil and Architectural Engineering (2007)
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certified, Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a professional who is well versed in the core to advanced elements of Lean Six Sigma Methodology, who leads improvement projects and / or serves as a team member as a part of more complex improvement projects lead by a Certified Black Belt, typically in a part-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Lean Six Sigma Method including competence in subject matters contained within the phases of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) as defined by the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge™. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt understands how to implement, perform, interpret and apply Lean Six Sigma at a high level of proficiency. (2016 - Present)
- ASA Saling and Power Boat Instructor, . (2010 - Present)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, Accredited Professional, Florida (2009 - Present)
- Univ. of Miami, Associate Scientist. College of Engineering (2015 - Present)
- Center for Integration of Composites into Infrastructure (CICI), Associate Director. NSF Industry/University Cooperative (IUCRC) (2013 - Present)
- Univ. of Miami, Research Assistant Professor. Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (2013 - 2015)
- University of Miami, Postdoctoral Associate Scholar. Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (2013)
- Univ. of Miami, Lecturer. School of Architecture (2012 - 2013)
- Univ. of Miami, Adjunct Assistant Professor. Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (2011 - 2013)
- Univ. of Miami, Research Assistant. Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (2009 - 2010)
- Univ. of Miami, Teacher Assistant. Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (2007 - 2009)
- Univ. of Miami, The Reinvention Center, Graduate Fellow. (2009)
- UC Berkeley & Davis, CA, Research Fellow. Pavement Research Centre (2005 - 2006)
Juried or Refereed Journal Articles or Exhibitions
- Donnini, J., De Caso y Basalo, F. J., Corinaldesi, V., (2017).Fabric-reinforced cementitious matrix behavior at high-temperature: Experimental and numerical results. Composites Part B Engineering, 108-121.
- Pino, V., Hadad, H., De Caso y Basalo, F. J., Bead, U., El Refai, A. (2017).Performance of FRCM-Strengthened RC Beams Subject to Fatigue. ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, 22, 04017079-1 to 11.
- Babaeidarabad, S., De Caso y Basalo, F. J., (2013).Out-of-Plane Behavior of URM Walls Strengthened with Fabric-Reinforced Cementitious Matrix (FRCM) Composite. Journal of Composites for Construction.
- Babaeidarabad, S., De Caso y Basalo, F. J., (2013).URM Walls Strengthened with Fabric-Reinforced Cementitious Matrix (FRCM) Composite Subjected to Diagonal Compression. Journal of Composites for Construction.
- De Caso y Basalo, F. J., Matta, F., (2012).Fiber Reinforced Cement-Based Composite System for Concrete Confinement. Construction and Building Materials.
- Nardone, F., De Caso y Basalo, F. J., Di Ludovico, M., Prota, A., Nanni, A. (2012).Tensile Behavior of Epoxy Based FRP Composites under Extreme Service Conditions. Composites Part B.
- De Caso y Basalo, F. J., Matta, F., Nanni, A. (2011).Novel Test Method for Ultimate Hoop Strain Characterization in FRP Jackets. ASCE Journal for Materials in Civil Engineering, 23, 1633-1641.