Civil, architectural, and environmental engineers are entrusted by society to create a sustainable world and enhance the global quality of life through the design, construction, and operation of the built environment as well as the protection of the natural environment.
- Civil engineers are leaders in the design, construction, and operation of systems that are essential to modern life. These systems include: buildings, highways, airports, pipelines, tunnels, ports, bridges, dams, irrigation systems, drainage systems, water-supply and distribution systems, and wastewater-treatment works.
- Architectural engineers are leaders in the analysis, design, construction, and operation of engineered systems for buildings. These building systems include electrical, communications and control, lighting, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, fire protection, plumbing, acoustic, and structural systems.
- Environmental engineers are leaders in the application of engineering principles to improve and maintain the environment for the protection of human health, and for the protection of nature’s beneficial ecosystems.
Civil, architectural, and environmental engineers are employed by government agencies, public and private companies, construction companies, architectural firms, and universities.
The quality of our programs are highly regarded within the engineering community, and we have an outstanding reputation within the engineering profession. Our faculty are world-class, and our graduates are highly sought after. We offer the following baccalaureate degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
The above degrees programs are all accredited by the the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
We have very strong graduate and research programs, where students can pursue the following advanced degrees:
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (environmental emphasis)
- Master of Science in Architectural Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering (environmental emphasis)
The heart of our department is our faculty, who are graduates of the best engineering schools in the country, are excellent educators, care about students, and are well known both nationally and internationally.
I welcome you to explore this website to find more information about our academic programs, student opportunities, and faculty qualifications and research interests. If you do not find the information you are looking for, please send me a note at email@example.com and I will do my best to help.
Antonio Nanni, PhD
Professor and Chairman
325 McArthur Engineering Building
Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering
University of Miami
Coral Gables, Fl 33124
Phone: (305) 284-3391
Fax: (305) 284-3492