Research - Solid Waste Management
The SIMWASTE Project is a research project in the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Miami. The project is directed by Dr. Nurcin Celik, an assistant professor of Industrial Engineering, who has significant experience with large-scale system simulation and optimization. The project is sponsored by the Hinkley Center for Solid and Hazardous Waste Management.
- Assessment of the Impact of Single Stream Recycling on Paper Contamination in Recovery Facilities and  Paper Mills (2016)
- Assessment of Advanced Solid Waste Management Technologies for Improved Recycling Rates (2015)
- Assessment of Occupational Health and Safety Risks in Solid Waste Systems (2013/2014)
- Multi-Objective Agent-based Modeling and Optimization of Single Stream Recycling Programs (2012/2013)
- Simulation-Based Optimization of Solid Waste Management and Recycling Programs (2011/2012)